NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Eligibility: This Contest is open only to those who enter to win and who are 21 or older as of the date of entry. The Contest is only open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and is void where prohibited by law. People who reside in other countries, such as Canada are not eligible. Employees of the Olympic Peninsula Tourism Commission, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the Olympic Peninsula Tourism Commission as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Saturday, September 30, 2023, 8:00 AM PST and ending Wednesday, January 31, 2024 at 11:59 PM PST. All online entries must be received by Wednesday, January 31, 2024 at 11:59 PM PST.
4. How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://olympicpeninsula.org/promotions/the-coast-is-clear-on-the-olympic-peninsula/. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Olympic Peninsula Tourism Commission. You may enter only once. You must provide your first and last name, email address, city, state, and zip code.
You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the Olympic Peninsula Tourism Commission.
5. Prizes: There will be four prizes ("Winners") selected, one per Getaway Package. The winners will be selected on or about Thursday, February 15, 2024. The Winner of each Getaway Package will receive one of the following prize packages:
Getaway Package #1 ("Winner 1") Port Ludlow Package: A two-night stay at The Resort at Port Ludlow (double queen or single king, run of house availability, valid Sunday-Thursday), located at 1 Heron Rd., Port Ludlow, WA; a round of golf for two (2); One (1) hour kayak or SUP rental for two (2); and an annual pass to Olympic National Park.
Getaway Package #2 ("Winner 2") Port Angeles Package: A two-night stay at Red Lion Port Angeles Harbor (king waterfront view room, run of the house availability. Excludes holidays and June 1 - October 15), located at 221 N Lincoln St, Port Angeles, WA; a $100 dining gift card to the winner’s choice of restaurant: Spruce, Kokopelli Grill, New Day Eatery or Next Door Gastropub; a Port Angeles Underground & Heritage Tour for two; and an annual pass to Olympic National Park.
Getaway Package #3 ("Winner 3") Sequim Package: A two-night stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sequim (double queen or single king, run of house availability), located at 1441 E Washington St., Sequim, WA; a $100 gift certificate for Tedesco’s Italian Fresh, located at 210 W. Washington St. Sequim, WA; and an annual pass to Olympic National Park.
Getaway Package #4 (“Winner 4”) Port Townsend Package: A two-night stay at The Swan Hotel (King or Queen bed, run of house availability), located at 222 Monroe St., Port Townsend, WA; a $100 gift certificate for Alchemy Bistro & Wine Bar, located at 842 Washington St., Port Townsend, WA; and annual pass to Olympic National Park.
In all cases above, reservations must be made in advance with the Sponsor, and are subject to availability at the time of reservation. Prize nights are valid from February 15, 2024 through February 28, 2025. Some restrictions may apply, per individual sponsor.
The Olympic Peninsula Tourism Commission is not responsible for any arrangements, scheduling, deliverables, or liability associated with the featured Contest packages beyond delivery of the gift certificate(s) or prize package components to the verified address of the selected winner.
6. Prize Value: Estimated retail value of each Getaway Prize Package is $510- $760. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of each prize shall be solely determined by the Olympic Peninsula Tourism Commission. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. The prizes are non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Winner will be required to complete and submit an affidavit of eligibility; release of liability form and an IRS W-9 form. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Olympic Peninsula Tourism Commission to use Getaway Package Winners' names, likeness, and entries for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation or credit given unless prohibited by law.
7. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Winner Selection and Notification: There will be four (4) Getaway Package Prize winners selected. The prizes will be selected on or about Thursday, February 15, 2024, by a random drawing from among all eligible entries received under the supervision of the Olympic Peninsula Tourism Commission. Getaway Package Winners will not be eligible for additional prize drawings once selected. The Getaway Package Winners will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of a Winner for each Getaway Package. The Olympic Peninsula Tourism Commission shall have no liability for Winners' failures to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for Winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winners cannot be contacted, are ineligible, fail to claim their prize within three (3) days from the time award notification was sent, or fail to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited, and an alternate potential Winner will be selected randomly from the remaining non-winning, eligible entries. Receipt by Getaway Package Winners of the prizes offered in this Contest are conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A WINNER (AT THE OLYMPIC PENINSULA TOURISM COMMISSION‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN A WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE Contest, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
9. Rights Granted by You: By entering this Contest You understand and agree that the Olympic Peninsula Tourism Commission, anyone acting on behalf of the Olympic Peninsula Tourism Commission, and the Olympic Peninsula Tourism Commission’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this Contest, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Olympic Peninsula Tourism Commission. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Olympic Peninsula Tourism Commission from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs, or expense, which the Olympic Peninsula Tourism Commission may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
10. Terms & Conditions: The Olympic Peninsula Tourism Commission reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the Olympic Peninsula Tourism Commission’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, the Olympic Peninsula Tourism Commission may select the Getaway Package Winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Olympic Peninsula Tourism Commission. The Olympic Peninsula Tourism Commission reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The Olympic Peninsula Tourism Commission has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Olympic Peninsula Tourism Commission reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless the Olympic Peninsula Tourism Commission and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her/their acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries.
12. Disputes: THIS Contest IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF the USA AND WASHINGTON STATE, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Washington State having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. Email Opt-in: By entering the Contest, your email address will automatically be added to the mailing database. You may choose to opt out of emails from the Olympic Peninsula Tourism Commission at any time. Your email address will not be shared with any other organization or third-party.
15. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winners' names or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: The Olympic Peninsula Tourism Commission, P.O. Box 670, Port Angeles WA, 98362, USA. Requests must be received no later than Friday, March 1, 2024, 5:00 PM PST.
16. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is The Olympic Peninsula Tourism Commission, located at 618 S. Peabody St. Suite F, Port Angeles WA, 98362, USA. Contributors to the prize packages include The Resort at Port Ludlow, located at 1 Heron Rd., Port Ludlow, WA; Red Lion Port Angeles Harbor, located at 221 N Lincoln St, Port Angeles, WA; Port Angeles Underground & Heritage Tour, located at 121 E Railroad Ave, Port Angeles, WA; and Visit Port Angeles; Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sequim, located at 1441 E Washington St., Sequim, WA; Tedesco’s Italian Fresh, located at 210 W. Washington St., Sequim, WA; The Swan Hotel, located at 222 Monroe St., Port Townsend, WA; Alchemy Bistro & Wine Bar, located at 842 Washington St., Port Townsend, WA. This Contest is hosted by the Olympic Peninsula Tourism Commission is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
17. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning the prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.